Exam windows are open twice a year
The next application window is open August 1 – September 30, 2023.
- Application Window: February – March
- Exam Window: April – May
- Application Window: August – September
- Exam Window: October – November
How to Apply
- Carefully review the Eligibility Requirements in the Candidate Handbook.
- Have the required Forms completed and signed.
- Click the Apply Now button to pay the CHIAP application and exam fee.
- After payment you will be provided with a link and directed into the AHIA Certification Management System (CMS) to complete your application. Note: Access is not granted to the CMS until payment is received in full. Please be aware that payments by check will delay the application submission and review.
- Use the instructions below to navigate the online application system.
- You will be notified via email after your application has been approved with instructions to schedule your online proctored examination.
View these step-by-step instructions on the CMS online application system.
Return to pay and complete the online application when the next application window opens on August 1, 2023.
Review the Candidate Handbook prior to applying, to view all the CHIAP Certification Program Policies and Procedures.