Annual Conference Presentation of the Year
Annual Conference Presentation of the Year Award
The Annual Conference Presentation of the Year award recognizes the outstanding presentation from the prior year’s annual conference.
- Attendee evaluation presenter scores
- Quality of presentation slides to include consideration of the following elements:
- Relevance: Is the presentation a current and relevant audit-related healthcare topic?
- Informative: Are the presentation slides meaningful and useful?
- Objectivity: Are the presentation slides constructive and instructive?
- Style: Are the slides clear, concise and easy to read?
- Selection Process: Association staff will calculate the attendee evaluation scores to the MAC and identify the top 3-5 highest rated presentations as award finalists. The presentation slides of the finalists will be made available to voting members of the MAC accompanied by a ballot. MAC members will evaluate each presentation and vote for their top two choices.
- The MAC will tabulate the votes and determine the award recipient. The recommended recipient will be submitted to the AHIA Board of Directors for approval.
- Eligibility: Speaker(s) must be a current AHIA member who is not a paid speaker. Panel presentations, i.e., 3 or more speakers, are not eligible for this award. Additionally, the following individuals are ineligible:
- Immediate past recipient of the award.
- Sitting members of the MAC
- Sitting members of the AHIA Board of Directors.
The Award: The award may vary from time to time at the discretion of the MAC with AHIA Board of Directors concurrence. Usually, the award is one complimentary or discounted Annual Conference registration and a plaque commemorating the award. A co-presenter, as applicable, will receive the same award. The complimentary or discounted conference registration must be used no later than the Annual Conference in the year succeeding the award
- 2021 – Leslie V. Boles
- 2020 – Melissa Buckner
- 2019 – Kelly Willenberg
- 2018 – Steve Sokol
- 2017 – Kelly Loya
- 2016 – Kimberly New
- 2015 – Kimberly New
- 2014 – Erin Rydell
- 2013 – Kimberly New
- 2012 – Jennifer McGill
- 2011 – Cavell Alexander, Jennifer Conley and Corey Marini
- 2010 – Chase Whitaker
- 2009 – Bridget Johnson and Joanne Ouelett
- 2008 – Tom Tharp
- 2007 – Mark Eddy, Joe Kuruc, Kelly Nueske, Chris Preuss, Ted Walter and Debi Weatherford
- 2006 – Mark Eddy
- 2005 – Stephen Rinaldi
- 2004 – Gina Eisenach and Douglas Hildebrandt
- 2003 – Kelly Nueske
- 2002 – Kelly Nueske
- 2001 – Carrie Brown
- 2000 – Glen Mueller
- 1999 – Daniel Ellis
- 1998 – Gregory M. Clark
- 1997 – Maureen E. Crusco
- 1994 – Maureen E. Crusco
- 1993 – John M. Weiss Jr.
- 1992 – Daniel F. Rode
- 1991 – Judith B. Armstrong and Maureen E. Crusco
- 1990 – Susan Wollner
- 1989 – Michael C. Wilder
- 1988 – Sidney Gipson
- 1987 – Jerome Gardner
- 1986 – David Tucker
- 1985 – Mac M. Martirossian
- 1984 – Susan Boever and Michael Wuller