The Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors (AHIA) offers White Papers on topics concerning the art and science of healthcare internal auditing. A white paper is an authoritative report or guidance that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem or make a decision.
AHIA welcomes papers aimed at beginner to expert level practitioners. This includes original content clearly related to healthcare internal auditing that does not promote commercial products or services. This is your opportunity to share your ideas, concepts, case studies, and proven methods with the AHIA healthcare internal audit community. White Paper categories include:
- Best Practices & Case Studies: Learn best practices from the experiences of other healthcare IA practitioners. Papers in this category should provide real- life examples of implementation and lessons learned or application of various tools and models. Papers should also include specific examples of how you addressed challenges and provide measures of success.
- Models in Healthcare Internal Audit: This category includes healthcare IA management theory around innovation, emerging trends, value or the future of our field.
- Special Interest and Other Topics: This area provides an opportunity to address specific industries such as government, healthcare and risk management.
- Data analytics and continuous auditing (integrating with audits, describe a case study)
- Research and IRB related audits (other than typical clinical trial audits), such as grant effort reporting and expense audit procedures
- Information Technology audits (IT general controls, high risk areas)
- Accounts Receivable and Revenue Cycles
- Clinical auditing
- Credentialing- physician, general, new enrollment, etc.
- Charge capture (coding)
- 340B compliance
- Auditing quality measures
- Diversity, inclusion and equity
- Aligned assurance
- Social aspects and other implications of work from home (WFH)
To be considered for white paper development, please send us your topic idea and meet the following requirements:
- Submitted via email to [email protected] – Subject Line – WHITE PAPER SUBMISSION
- Authors must include an abstract accurately summarizing the topic and focus of the paper (approximately 100-200 words) and author’s bio (approximately 75 words).
- Content must be structured clearly and provide an introduction (executive summary), results and observations, and conclusion.
- Content should be technically correct and be of interest to a wide audience of healthcare IA practitioners.
- Submissions cannot be previously published in their current or similar form.
- Submission that are commercial in tone and/or intended to be promotional in nature will not be considered.
- All ideas must be submitted in English.
All submissions will be reviewed by the White Paper Subcommittee composed of AHIA members. The Subcommittee will vet each idea submission. Upon acceptance, we will be in touch to work with you on the development of the White Paper in collaboration with the subcommittee. Authors/Contributors must permit AHIA to publish papers across various channels. Any written content including graphics and images from third parties must have written permission for use.
View White Paper Archives
Click on the link below to review historical White Paper issues