AHIA’s Membership Recruitment Rewards Program
“How have I benefitted from involvement in AHIA? Too many ways to count, but I sum it up as opportunities…Opportunities to work with leaders in our profession, to be creative and explore new responsibilities, and to give back to an organization that mentored my development as a healthcare internal auditor. Plus, I have a lot of fun!”
No one knows how beneficial AHIA membership is to the professional development of healthcare internal auditors better than AHIA members. Now you can share your AHIA membership experience and get rewarded for doing so! Through its new “Direct Member Connect,” program, AHIA rewards your efforts in recruiting new members. Invite your colleagues, staff and others in your professional community to join the nation’s only association focused specifically on healthcare internal auditing.
Click here to download program information in PDF format.
Win AHIA event and membership discounts, an iPad or rewards for each new member you recruit...
Recruit 1 to 2 new members and select:
- $75 AHIA gift certificate redeemable for AHIA event registration or AHIA membership renewal
Recruit 3 to 4 new members and receive:
- $100 AHIA gift certificate redeemable for AHIA event registration or AHIA membership renewal
- Entry into a prize drawing for an iPad
Recruit 5 or more new members and receive:
- $150 AHIA gift certificate redeemable for AHIA event registration or AHIA membership renewal
- Entry into a prize drawing for an iPad
- Entry into a drawing for a FREE AHIA
- Annual Conference registration
- Only open to current AHIA members (non-members, and past members are not eligible).
- The recruitment period is July 1 – June 30. Recruiters will be notified of their awards earned for the membership year by August 1.
- Completed membership application (either print or online), with full dues payment, must be submitted with the recruiter’s name noted in the Additional Information section “8. How did you hear about AHIA?” Only one recruiting member may be listed.
- There will be no retroactive qualifying of recruiters.
- All amounts are quoted in US dollars.
- AHIA gift certificates are only valid toward AHIA dues or products and services.
- The AHIA Direct Member Connect rewards are nontransferable and may not be combined with other AHIA membership incentive programs.
- AHIA Direct Member Connect rewards earned are not redeemable for cash.
- Individual rewards are subject to federal laws, and certain countries are not eligible.
- AHIA standing Board Members and the Chair of the AHIA Membership and Awards Committee (MAC) are excluded from participation in this program.
Tips on Recruiting New Members
- Invite a prospective colleague/student to attend an AHIA event to experience first-hand the professional benefits of AHIA membership.
- Start a discussion about AHIA membership, emphasizing the benefits and value at industry networking events.
- Share issues of AHIA’s New Perspectives, E-News and other publications to attract the eyes of potential new members.
- Forward announcements of AHIA educational events/conferences.
- Welcome your organization’s newly hired individuals; use the opportunity to discuss AHIA.
- When discussing membership with a prospect, listen for clues as to what they look for in a professional society. Stress those member benefits that meet their needs.
- Coordinate an AHIA Regional Seminar or CAE/Audit Roundtable event at your place of employment.
Points to consider when sharing the benefits of AHIA:
- Network of experienced healthcare internal auditing professionals who come together to share tools, knowledge and insight on how to assess and evaluate risk within a complex and dynamic healthcare environment.
- Dedicated to the advancement of the healthcare internal auditing profession, AHIA’s focus includes auditing disciplines such as operational, compliance, clinical/ medical, financial and information technology.
- Healthcare leadership and internal auditing profession recognize AHIA as the catalyst for continually elevating the quality of healthcare internal auditing and advancing the profession.
- AHIA embodies ‘excellence through sharing’ and is the healthcare auditors’ first choice for education and leadership specific to this multi-disciplined profession and for information on best practices and industry and professional trends.