Thank you for your interest in sharing with AHIA! We invite you to share your time, talent and expertise, and do your part to better the healthcare internal audit community.
We are seeking topics in the following subject matter areas:
- Operations and auditing of primary and secondary care settings (i.e., physician practices, acute care hospitals,
- ancillary departments, secondary care settings)
- Revenue cycle processes and A/R management
- Health plan administration and operations
- Compliance regulations, monitoring and auditing
- Healthcare internal audit leadership and skills, including risk management, ERM, strategic planning
- Core audit skills, including risk assessment, audit planning and execution and reporting
- Emerging issues
- Information Systems/Security
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Data analytics
If your presentation concept does not fit into the stated topics, we still want to hear from you! We are always looking for new topics that will benefit our membership. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration!
AHIA Regional Seminars provide a more intimate forum for healthcare internal auditors to network and interact with their peers while sharing internal audit best practices. These live, in-person sessions are designed to be highly interactive to promote attendee participation and sharing of best practices, audit approaches and techniques. 50-minute and 100-minute presentations are sought. Regional events take place at a variety of locations through the US.
AHIA provides a variety of remote learning opportunities through its webinar programs. Present to an eager audience without leaving your home or office. AHIA offers a broad range of programming to keep members and stakeholders up to speed with the everchanging landscape. Webinar presentations are 50-minute to 100-minute depending on the subject matter area.
These quarterly, free-to-members, 50-minute webinars are focused solely on information systems/security topics. Participants are encouraged to submit questions before the session to promote presenter-facilitated discussion.
AHIA EHR Auditor User Group - Epic :
Established to connect Epic users to one another through online and in-person educational events and discussion forums. It is our goal to enhance EHR auditing skills throughout the profession by sharing best practices and lessons learned, identifying audit risks and developing references. Presentation opportunities include live and remote options.
New Perspectives on Healthcare Risk Management, Control and Governance and Digital Insights:
Our quarterly printed journal and bi-annual digital-only publications address up-to-date information, current trends and issues in the areas of financial auditing, operational auditing, medical auditing, management and consulting, and information systems auditing, as well as the healthcare industry and the auditing profession. Please contact our editor, Michael Fabrizius to propose an article directly. Click here to view writer guidelines.
AHIA is seeking white papers on topics concerning the art and science of healthcare internal auditing. A white paper is an authoritative report or guidance that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body's philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem or make a decision. We welcome papers aimed at beginner to expert level practitioners. This includes original content clearly related to healthcare internal auditing that does not promote commercial products or services. Click here for complete details
Learning objectives: (please provide 3 objectives at minimum) The objectives provided will be used for promotion of your session as well as a template for evaluation of how well your session meets the stated objectives. Learning objectives should (1) focus on the learner, and (2) contain action verbs that describe measurable behaviors.
Verbs to consider when writing learning objectives: list, describe, recite, write compute, discuss, explain, predict apply, demonstrate, prepare, use analyze, design, select, utilize compile, create, plan, revise assess, compare, rate, critique
Verbs to avoid when writing learning objectives: know, understand, learn, appreciate, become aware of, become familiar with
* Session level:
- All: Session provides information that will benefit all levels of knowledge and experience.
- Introductory: Learning activity level most beneficial to auditors new to a skill or an area. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
- Professional: Learning most useful for individuals with detailed knowledge in an area or topic. Professional level programs are often appropriate for mid and senior level professionals within an organization; however, they may also be beneficial for other professionals with specialized knowledge in a subject area.
AHIA Recording Agreement
Help us share the knowledge beyond the conference. AHIA will be recording select sessions for sale to attendees and non-attendees. Our members and stakeholders have long requested this, with seven concurrent sessions happening at one time, those in attendance at the meeting cannot attend all the wonderful offerings.
**All presenters who give permission to be recorded (audio synch to PowerPoint), will receive complimentary online access to your recorded session.
** Please note – recording permission is not mandatory for presentation acceptance.