Immerse Yourself in AHIA's 41st Annual Conference
August 28-31, 2022
Registration Opens May 2022.
Welcome to the 2022 AHIA Annual Conference! The theme of this year’s conference is: The Heat is on in Healthcare Internal Auditing. The Association of Healthcare Internal Auditor’s (AHIA) 41st Annual Conference offers a programmatic balance of foundational knowledge and topics that will help healthcare internal auditors prepare for the unprecedented changes evolving in the current environment of reform.
The conference offers seven educational tracks to choose from, so that you are able to capture the information most relevant to you. AHIA is the only professional, specialized association for healthcare internal auditors. Our attendees come from all size organizations including hospitals, physician group practices, academic medical centers and regional and national health systems and plans. As we know all too well, navigating your way through the healthcare industry in an era of convergence and reform and change can be daunting. If you are not paying attention, you could be left behind, or worse, left out!
The AHIA Annual Conference offers healthcare internal auditing professionals the opportunity to update their knowledge base, stimulate ongoing professional growth and development and network with colleagues who share your challenges and concerns. Expect the AHIA 2022 Annual Conference in Miami to be fun-filled, packed with information and "take-aways" for immediate application, and rich with many opportunities to network, make new friends and share your knowledge.
Call for Presentation Proposals:
Extended Deadline to Submit: Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST
We invite you to share your healthcare knowledge with fellow AHIA members. Help us set the stage for another finely tuned AHIA Annual Conference by submitting your presentation proposal
Conference presentation options include 4-hour pre-conference workshops for a deep dive, hands-on approach and 50-minute & 100-minute breakout sessions. Each session should include an interactive discussion of the topic, practical applications and time for Q&A (recommended at 5-15 minutes). Proposals
should focus on internal audit or compliance subjects specific to healthcare.
In addition, we are looking for several speakers to present during the 4-hour pre-conference AHIA Epic User Group Workshop on Sunday, August 28, 2022. Presentations should be 50-minutes and include an interactive discussion of the topic, practical applications and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Proposals
should focus on internal audit or compliance subjects specific to the Epic application.
Topics of Interest Include
- Care Settings, audits of primary and secondary care settings and the operation of these settings including physician practices, acute care hospitals, ancillary departments, and post-hospital care settings (i.e. SNFs, etc.)
- Revenue Cycle, registration, billing, coding, and accounts receivable management
- Health plan administration and operations
- Compliance regulations, monitoring and auditing
- Core audit skills, including risk assessment, audit planning and execution and reporting
- Information technology and data security/privacy
- Emerging issues
Field of Study:
- Culture Audits
- Auditing Robotic Process Automation and Artificial intelligence
- Data Analytics
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Healthcare Reform
- Health Plan Vendor Oversight
- COVID-19 Vaccine Coverage and Reimbursement
- Healthcare Payment Methods (Fee for Service, Value Based, etc.) from a Health Plan perspective
- Health Plan Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- Risk Assessment
- HIPAA Breaches
- COVID Waivers (HIPAA, etc.)
- Provider Documentation
- CMS Conditions of Participation
- Auditing Ancillary Areas (Radiology, Laboratory, etc.)
- Sanctions and Exclusions
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Emergency Management
- Auditor Soft Skills (e.g., Communication, Root Cause Analysis)
- Third-Party/Vendor Management
- Logical and Privileged Access
- Patient Portals
- Remote Workforce
To assist you with selecting the Field of Study for your proposal submission, we have provided a copy of NASBA's Field of Study Requirement guidelines
. Please review this document prior to making your Field of Study selection within the submission site.
- AHIA Members: AHIA members will receive a complimentary full conference registration for presenting one or more sessions. Full conference registration does not include pre-conference sessions. A single member that presents a 100-minute session or multiple 50-minute sessions will still receive only one complimentary full conference registration. The speaker’s benefit is applicable only to the primary presenter in a 50-minute session. In a 100-minute session, a second speaker may receive a complimentary conference registration, if a member, or a 50% discount on conference registration if a non-member.
- Non-Members: Non-members will receive a 50% discount on conference registration for presenting one or more sessions regardless of session length. The speaker’s benefit is applicable only to the primary presenter in a 50-minute session. A second speaker’s benefit is available to a co-presenter in a 100-minute session.
If you submitted a proposal for the 2021 Annual Conference which was not selected, you are encouraged to resubmit for 2022.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!