Immerse Yourself in AHIA's 40th Annual Conference
Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2021
As you know, things look a little different now. What has not changed is our dedication to serving the educational needs of the healthcare internal audit community.
Although we cannot meet in person for this year's AHIA Annual Conference in beautiful San Antonio as planned, we live in a digital era with tools that allow us to connect in ways that, not even half-century ago, were unimaginable to AHIA's founders. Offering a robust educational program covering the depth of the healthcare internal audit field, live virtual sessions will begin on Monday, September 27 and and conclude on Friday, October 1.
Call for Presenters is Now Open!
Deadline to submit: Sunday, March 14 at 11:59 p.m.
We invite you to share your time, talent and expertise, and do your part to better the healthcare internal audit community. Help us set the stage for another finely-tuned AHIA Annual Conference by submitting your proposal today!
Conference presentation options include 4-hour pre-conference workshops and 50-minute and 100-minute breakout sessions. Each session should include an interactive discussion of the topic, practical applications and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Proposals should focus on internal audit or compliance subjects specific to healthcare.
- Operations and auditing of primary and secondary care settings (i.e., physician practices, acute care hospitals, ancillary departments, secondary care settings)
- Revenue cycle processes and A/R management
- Health plan administration and operations
- Compliance regulations, monitoring and auditing
- Core audit skills, including risk assessment, audit planning and execution and reporting
- Information technology and data security
- Emerging issues
Major Advantages of the AHIA Virtual Meeting:
- With a maximum 32 CPEs available for workshops and full live meeting attendance, we have limited the number of concurrent sessions, so you will have opportunity to be exposed to more subject matter expertise than possible at the live event. CPE credit is included for attending ONLY the live delivery of sessions, but full conference attendees can access on-demand sessions in the recording library and the dynamic virtual exhibit hall for up to 12 months. If you cannot catch every single live session — you will still have access to the information, wherein presenter permission is granted.
- Comes as you are. No need for travel or new outfits or uncomfortable shoes. Watch from your couch – even in your PJs.
- Attend at your own pace and convenience. Pick the LIVE sessions you most want for education hours. Or watch recorded sessions at your leisure during the year.